CAT MUSIC Romania is on my Facebook feed (here’s the link if you want it on yours) and I like to keep an eye on the new releases for something interesting. This one by Liviu Teodorescu caught my attention. The title is In Braţele Tale. If you don’t know Romanian can you guess what it means? (Answer below).
Did you work out the song title? Some clues:
- In English we have the word embrace
- Portuguese has abraços (“hugs”, a common term of endearment)
- French has les bras (arms)
- Spanish likewise has los brazos
- And in Italian if you welcome someone with open arms you do it a braccia aperte.
So In Braţele Tale means In Your Arms. The singular noun is braţ.
Which reminded me of this great song from Bere Gratis
I don’t know much about Liviu Teodorescu except that rose to fame playing a singer in a Romanian TV series, Pariu cu viața, so let’s see some more of him….
Here he is a recent release with Robert Toma and ADDA, Tot ce mi-a ramas (All I Have Left).